Code of Conduct
In the interest of fostering an open and welcoming environment, Chicago ML organizers pledge to make participation in our community a harassment-free experience for everyone, regardless of age, body size, disability, ethnicity, gender identity and expression, level of experience, nationality, personal appearance, race, religion, or sexual identity and orientation.
Examples of behavior that contributes to creating a positive environment include:
- Using welcoming and inclusive language
- Respecting others’ personal space and physical boundaries
- Being respectful of differing viewpoints and experiences
- Focusing on what is best for the community
- Showing empathy towards other community members
- Gracefully accepting constructive criticism
Examples of unacceptable behavior include:
- The use of sexualized language or imagery and unwelcome sexual attention or advances
- Hostile, aggressive, or threatening language or behavior
- Trolling, insulting/derogatory comments, and personal or political attacks
- Public or private harassment
- Publishing others’ private information, such as a physical or electronic address, without explicit permission
- Other conduct which could reasonably be considered inappropriate in a professional setting
Chicago ML organizers are responsible for clarifying the standards of acceptable behavior and are expected to take appropriate and fair corrective action in response to any instances of unacceptable behavior.
Organizers have the right and responsibility to ban temporarily or permanently any individual from Chicago ML events or projects for behaviors that violate this Code of Conduct.
This Code of Conduct applies both within event and project spaces and in public spaces when an individual is representing Chicago ML or its community. Examples of representing Chicago ML or its community include attendance of Chicago ML sponsored or co-sponsored events, participation in Chicago ML organizational activities, and participation in Chicago ML online activities including but not limited to use of the Chicago ML Meetup message board, Slack workspace and GitHub repository.
Instances of abusive, harassing, or otherwise unacceptable behavior may be reported by contacting Chicago ML organizers through Meetup or directly to Garrett Smith at firstname.lastname@example.org or 312-231-3900. Organizers will review and investigate all complaints, and will respond in a way that they deem appropriate to the circumstances. Organizers are obligated to maintain confidentiality with regard to the reporter of an incident. Further details of specific enforcement policies may be posted separately.
Individuals who do not follow this Code of Conduct in good faith may face temporary or permanent repercussions as determined by Chicago ML organizers.