This is an in-progress overview of Chicago ML organizer efforts.
- Reach out to Chicago area business and schools
- Build relationships with sponsors
- Identify speakers in Chicago and beyond
- Seek a diverse range of speakers
- Wide range of perspectices including research, industry, civic, and teaching
- Practical and theoretical
- Schedule from 1 to 4 per month
- Avoid a set day of week or venue
- Schedule one every 1 - 2 months
- Hands on
- 2 - 4 hours
- Post and maintain events
- Post speaker slides and other content
- General curating
Use this space to list other topics we should be covering.
- Resources for learners
- Ways to bring groups together
- Interface with City of Chicago
- Interface with schools and other research orgs
- Interface with other meetups and event organizers
Identify some specific goal you’d like to accomplish.
- Organize a meetup (need a venue and two speakers)
- Organize a workshop (need a venue and 1 - 2 instructors)
- Build a list of academic programs in Chicago
- Build a list of companies doing ML in Chicago
- Ideas for improving website
- Make a specific change to the website
- Work on outreach to City of Chicago
- What else???
Think about what you want from this experience!
How can you apply your unique skills to improve Chicago ML?
And so on :)